Wednesday, December 2, 2009

An Invitation

Wednesday, April 29, 2009 

Was awoken this morning by my alarm.  Hit the snooze like usual and tried to get back to where I had been when the alarm went off.  

In the Dreamtime a single wolf came to me.  He was very large and black as midnight.  Both fluffy and shiny, the way that wolves are not here in ordinary reality.  He rocked back on his hindlegs and ducked his head - the universal canine invitation to play.  I stood there undecided for just a moment, then dropped into wolf form.  That transition still fascinates me.  The feel of my weight distributed on four legs instead of two creates such a sense of balance.  The fluffy silver black fur is so luxurious.  And the tail....don't even get me started on the wonders of the tail.  There was no conversation, we just loped off out of the clearing until we were in the woods and then we began to run.  There was untold joy in that run as we cleared logs, ducked under low branches and sprinted all out thru the dappled sunlight.

THAT is when the alarm went off.  DAMNNN!!!!  Snooze.  I went back to the clearing, assumed my wolfwear, but my friend was no where to be found.  My legs yearned to continue to run and I ran a bit by myself, but I longed for the company of the shiny black male who had called me to him.

And now that I am awake, I find myself yearning still for that companion.  


So WTF does that mean?  As I move thru the end of yet another relationship, I have been thinking of giving up on it.  I mean, I am pretty happy on my own.  Why fuck that up with this emotional chaos over and over? This dream/vision is their answer to having put that thought out there.  There is someone out there waiting for me too, powerful enough to call me to him in the Dreamtime. I will know him in this world bc he will carry some aspect of my Dreamtime wolf companion.  Will I accept his invitation when I find him?

You betcha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...