Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Choosing Astonishment

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 
I am trying not to give in to the sadness. That would be so easy. It is much more challenging and fun to choose to live in each moment that is given me. Seeing them as gifts and learning to accept them graciously however and whenever they are given me. Delighting in their unexpectedness. Savoring the unwrapping, the discovery. Being wide-eyed with astonishment and easily thrilled by the sweet contents of each moment. 

I think I know what is coming, when in fact I know nothing. It is yet to be determined. And being sad about it now is just a waste of the now and the now is pretty fantastic. There is no reason to believe that will go 'way. It may change. It may change many times. It probably will. 

I choose to change with it and continue with the delight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...