Friday, December 4, 2009

The Avatar - part 1

Lots of trailers showing right now for James Cameron's new CGI mega masterpiece called Avatar. Nope the blogs not about that. As I'm watching the trailer though, I get to thinking about avatars - especially their increasing usage online. According to Wiki an avatar is defined as "a computer user's representation of himself/herself or alter ego, whether in the form of a three-dimensional model used in computer games." Suddenly, I have a different and weird understanding of myself here on planet Earth.

That my body as I know it, as I know it, as I experience it is just an avatar for my higher consciousness which is the larger better part of me. When I look at it that way, why fuss about anything that is done to that avatar. It isn't happening to me. Not the part of me that is eternal anyway. Allow the avatar as many various experiences as possible - as long as they do no harm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...