Thursday, December 10, 2009


I got up this morning determined to change my life. Not the small changes. Some monster big changes. To embrace all of it even tho' it scares me spitless. I threw it out to my FB friends, who are as varied as they can be, to present me with a list of options from which I would choose at least one thing to do/learn this winter. Altho' I may choose more. Then told them to be outrageous in their suggestions. Propose something you could never imagine me doing in a million years. Their responses definitely did NOT disappoint.

I can't say how much I am enjoying the process of envisioning myself in each of these activities. Trying on different un-Mary-like hats. Discarding some because they did not make my eyes sparkle under their brim. And I realize it has been a long time since something has delighted me this much. Why is that? And just when did I draw back from being a part of my life to become just the observer in it? The dying leaf caught in the back-eddy?

This is not the life I want. How have I failed to see that before now? Time to shake it up and toss out the extraneous pieces once more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...