Wednesday, December 2, 2009

orion

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 

I stand one small collection of atoms gazing heavenward 
Watching Orion rise bold and assertive dominating my October sky.

He comes in with his faithful dog Sirius always at his heels 
and I sigh in peace at their presence in my tiny world view.

I have laughed with him thru a glorious fall, a challenging winter
compressed an entire relationship into one turning of the wheel

He will be going soon, the dog and the hunter, 
taking what I love most in the world when he goes.

My stargazing will be lonely without his presence.
Where will I find peace and laughter when they are gone?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...