Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Second Meeting

Friday, May 01, 2009 
So, the black wolf is back this morning.  I see him across the meadow on the other side of the pond.  I want to strut my wolf-self over there, but I realize that if I do that he will run.

Instead, I sit down on my haunches.  I know he sees me.  Hell he is staring right at me.  I am beautiful in my wolf body, but it is not the body that is mine and so I drop back into my human form, stretch and curl naked in the grass like a fawn.  If he is going to come, let him come.  I will not play the pursuit game with him.  I lie there very still, hoping he will approach, close my eyes and relax into a drowsy state.  

His footfalls are silent in the grass and it isn't until i feel his furry wolf-ness at my back that I know he is there at all.  There is a warmth and a strength that flows from him like water, that surrounds me and holds me.  Then the unexpected happens.  The black wolf drops his wolf form and adapts a human one.  He lies down at my back, arms around me there in the grass.  

That Pandora thinking gets the better of me.  I want to see his human face.  I roll over, but his face is shrouded from my eyes.  This does not alarm me.  It is just not for me to know now.  I sigh accepting that and roll back over in his human arms.  Content.  


I have used the shaman's journey as a tool for many things - mostly my own healing.  But I have never met another person there, someone like me, questing for their own knowledge.  This one intrigues me.  Powerfully.  And I wonder what this person brings and when I will meet him in ordinary reality.  Until then patiently waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...