Wednesday, December 2, 2009

The Big Green Suitcase

Saturday, December 13, 2008 
Last week about this time the big green suitcase arrived. Marked with its airport destination tag that for you means away and for me means home. It found a place parked on one of the living room chairs. And for a week I put away the routine of my life and got to move to new rhythms that it brought with it. Opportunities to sample spicy foods, to introduce you to my grown up life and the friends that are part of that. To share stories and make new ones. Time spent with family snuggled in against the cold that works on my southern magnolia self. 

I watched last night as it got loaded full of new things that it will take home, wondering how much of me might fit in there too. And today I watched as the big green suitcase rolled away. Moving away from home and back to its own. The chair seems empty without it, the space too quiet, the coffee cold and tasteless.

I miss the big green suitcase.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...