Thursday, November 11, 2021

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it.

I happen to like my belly.

Always have

Oh, I know it's not what the world likes.

But really?  

Fuck them.

I love its soft roundness like a globe.

Stretch marks and scars the longitudes of my life.

I thought about having it tattooed as a globe.

But that would be redundant.

I am sometimes angry with it.

When I can't squeeze into a pair of jeans that fit just last week.

Or when it gripes and grumbles loudly for Ben and Jerry's.

But truly, I adore i.


If my belly is a globe

my head and feet the poles

my navel the equator of who I am

a world where there are still undiscovered countries

peopled with fierce aborigines

who dance naked in the starlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...