Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Current Relationship

Man am I tired of these fucktard questions.  And yes, I AM a day behind.  Such is the life of the dog sitter in Amish-land where there is no internet access except what I can scam free from the neighbohood.

My best and longest running relationship is with myself.  I like her A LOT.  She has an amazing spirit.  Her compassion and empathy are deeper than most people I have met.  Yeah - that sometimes gets her in trouble, but she is learning to step out gracefully when things become destrcutive.  She prefers the quiet places of the world to those full of strident meaningless noise.  She sees beauty in the most unlikely places around her - places other eye's skim over on there way elsewhere.  She has a hunger for story and words like that of a child.  Discovery is her drug of choice. 

The only person she is not routinely kind to is herself.  But, she is learning to hold those same attitudes toward herself that she does for the world.  And her world is becoming more expansive for it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...