Friday, October 14, 2011

#14 Something Disgusting I Do

I don't do anything remotely disgusting.  If I found it revolting, I wouldn't do it.  I have previously owned that I belch, fart and pick my nose when I am alone.  I will add scratching various body parts to that list.  None of those things is disgusting to me.  I may not like it when a dude scratches his naked ass on the way to the bathroom right in my eyeline, but I would rather he did that than rub it against the wall to relieve the itch.    These are all biological functions - of a sort.  People who feel the need to control them are IMHO a bit repressed.  Yunno? 

I credit my open view on these things to being raised in Boytown (a subsection of Wonderbreadvillage).  Disgust at bodily activities and noises seems to fall distinctly along gender lines.  Men being more in favor.  Women being less so.  My mom tried to encourage me not to do these things with comments like "A REAL lady does NOT pick her nose."  I can't remember her telling my brothers that.  I remember her more ignoring the behavior when they did it.  My younger brother Phil used to fart directly IN MY FACE to make me abandon the prime TV viewing spot which of course I did.  At most my mom would just say "Phiiiiil".  In the spirit of compromise, I learned to keep it mostly to myself.  No more LADY lectures.  And my large intestine did not rupture from trying to contain enormous amounts of gas.  What the hell did that woman feed us??

As I grew up I realized that there were way more disgusting things in our house than anything I EVER did. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...