Monday, October 24, 2011

#24 5 Things I Want to Tell People

I have been mulling this for most of the day.  That's why the post is kinda later.

1).  I LOVE YOU.  If you are part of my life or have been please know this is true.  Some of you make that easy.  Some make it more challenging.  But it is true no matter what.

2).  I know I am pretty laid back.  I like to mull things a long time.  Maybe to some that looks like indecision.  But it isn't.  Nor does it mean that I want unsolicited advice on what I should do.  I am a grown woman with a better understanding of myself than most. I know who I am and have a pretty good idea where I'm going or that I am meandering for a moment.  I don't respond well to this.  In fact, it kinda sets my teeth on edge.

3).  Play.  Life is like finger painting in that you can't really enjoy it unless you're in there and gettin' messy.  Bonus:  It's so much more fun when you approach it this way.

4).  READ DAMMIT!   It is IMHO the best way to expose yourself to someone else's wild imaginings.  Wild imaginings that will light up your own.

5).  Just be truthful with me.  Yeah - it sometimes hurts.  But I am a quick Band-Aid kinda girl.  The pain is all at once and then you can start releasing it.  A lie always hurts more when it's found out and it's always found out sometime.

6).  Cheating a sixth in here.  Forgive.  It takes work.  But it is like every Christmas and birthday present you ever got all rolled into one when you pull it off.  Lighter.  Floaty.  Free of the albatross.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...