Thursday, October 6, 2011

#6 THE Person I Like and Why

Does that question remind anyone else of 7th grade? 

Does he "like" me or just like me?
I dunno like let me go ask.....Yeah, he like LIKES you.

So this is one I will be subbing for something better - less likeable.  Sorry if I sucked you in with the title.  It's the old blogger's bait-n-switch

So I am going to modify it to "A person I like and why".  If you have known me for any length of time, you have probably read one of these pieces.  They get churned out every so often when I am feeling particularly grateful to someone I know.  I have never tried to write one when I wasn't feeling that way.  Hmmmm....And what happens if I push it a little further to someone I am not feeling particularly comfy with right now? 



I had dinner with a friend of mine tonight.  We have struggled to find our footing after a very rocky start.  
We have very little in common.  Although we share a strong and common spiritual belief.


So why do I like him?  Why have I kept at it despite all the drama?

Because it is worth it.  Because I grow from knowing him.  Because he makes me laugh.  Because he reminds me that life is short and that every minute counts.  Because.....just because.

May the Creator put enough stones in your path that you realize when it's smooth.


We have endured the stones and hit the smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...