Friday, October 7, 2011

#7 My Opinion on Cheaters

Good gawd.  Did I even look at these questions?  Sigh.....

What anyone else chooses to do or not to do - well, that's up to them.  I am only responsible for my own actions.  Trust me ridin herd on those bad boys is a full time job.  This is one of the tenets at the very heart of who I am - that of free will.  If you don't get that, move along.  I try not to judge people around me for their actions (unless they are Micheal Vick or a baby fucker - I can't cotton either of those even a tiny bit).  I continue to love friends who have been/are sometimes complete fucktards.  I may hang around them less during their episodic fucktardiness, but I won't stop loving them.

For instance, four years ago I had a close friend who was heroin addicted, constantly borrowed money from me, and used me as a free baby sitter.  I continued to be his friend and help him out when I could even when he lost his mind and told me I was to blame for everything wrong in his life, that I was secretly in love with him, that I knew the answer to things that he needed to know.  I tried to explain that he held the answers to his own demons, that if his life was in the shitter that was his doing and that while I cared about him a lot, I had at no point been 'in love' with him.  In fact, after getting to know him I felt our becoming friends instead of dating was like dodging a bullet....or a bullet train more aptly.  I gently disengaged myself and walked away.  I still care about him and hold a vision of him becoming well.  That said, I don't really ever want to see him again.  It was hard to walk away, but self-preservation prevailed.

Would I ever cheat?  Probably not is my best guess.  But who really knows what they will do in a situation they have never been presented with before.  If I were to get all logical about it, I would use past behavior as a predictor of future behavior - and the answer would be no.  I don't have the bandwidth to be able to deal with more than one dude at a time and I am incapable of lying with any more flair than your average four year old.  If I meet someone I want to explore a relationship with while I am in a relationship, I always end the latter before continuing.  It's the clean edge of the knife for me.  And I definitely prefer it in return.  Hurts like an m-fer, but heals with less scarring.

So what about someone who cheated on me.....hmmmmmmm.  That is a tougher question.  It isn't the cheating ultimately that would take them down, but the lying around the subject.  And isn't there ALWAYS lying when there's cheating?   I can forgive the sex - we are after all physical beings, but the lying is a major big UNH-UH!  I wonder how I would react if a lover approached me and said something like "I would really like to explore a physical relationship with XYZ, and I would like to continue my relationship with you as well."  I think it might work if it were approached with love and honesty.  But that's all conjecture until someone does.  Given the current emotional maturity of most men, I don't think I have anything to worry about for a loooooong time.

So hopefully somewhere in there I answered the question.....wha???  Whaddaya mean they were talkin about the TV show?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...