Sunday, October 16, 2011

#16 Three Things About My Personality I Like

YAY!  Finally one with some thought behind it.

#1 - I am insanely curious about the world and how it works.  Yes, that's me science nerd chica extraordinaire.  This is what drives it.  But it is hardly limited to just science.  If you have known me any length of time, you have probably noticed it applies to relationship, traffic, letterboxing, writing - nothing is exempt.  I LOVE that about myself.  A LOT!

#2 - I am quirky.  May not always show, but it's always there.  Most often it is expressed as a total love of all things child-like.  Maybe that's why my nieces and nephews and I get along so well.  I am not above throwin down a hopscotch grid and goin to town on it.  I like finger paints, sucker punching someone in my writing by connecting two very different ideas, and hats.....love me a funny hat.

#3 - I feel everything.  I mean everything.  Your bad mood may become my bad mood.  Your joy definitely becomes my happiness.  I like this about myself.  But I have to be really careful not to confuse other people's emotions with my own.  That little trick has taken a life time.  Sometimes it requires shutting down the grid to keep it all out.  But given the option of not being like this.  I say no.  I see that this makes me easy to relate to, easy to be friends with, compassionate - lots of good things come to me thru this trait.

Sadly disappointed today that I couldn't make the list 10 things I like about me because I didn't even get to mention my extensive vocab, my innocent view of things, or my capacity for extreme aloneness.....
Well maybe next time.

1 comment:

  1. No wonder I like your writing so much! We have a LOT in common. Great post!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...