Tuesday, October 4, 2011

#4 What Do you Wear to Bed

A smile?  It's a stupid question.

So today I am subbing instead 'What Do You Dream About'.  Much better question.

So nearly all my dreams take place outside.  Not always, but interior dreams are kinda rare.  Following Jungian dream theory - every element of the dream represents some part of me.  Shamanic interpretations would be less structured and allow for the dream to speak itself to me and for any image to be what it needs to be to me and NOT necessarily what the dream book says it means.

For instance - a couple weeks ago I had a dream about stealing pumpkins.  The dream book talked about feminine, creative, blardyblarblar.  None of those was close to the truth for me.  To find it I did a 5 minute free association and discovered how very much pumpkins mean to me.  Who knew?

So today I am thinking about those outside dreams and what they might mean.  What would it mean if I dreamed inside all the time instead?  What are the dreams trying to tell me?

2 comments:

  1. And then there was the pumpkin that saved the baby. I think that Pumpkin was a dog? Pumpkins and their orange-ness everywhere! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes the Pumpkin dog is part of it - altho not nearly all.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...