Saturday, October 15, 2011

#15 The Best Thing That Happened to Me This Week

Now that's better.  My week has been sucktastic - so making me look at and choose a good memory  perfection.  

I got an email from my niece Sabine.  That always makes me smile.  Makes me feel like there ARE kindred spirits in the world even if that particular kindred spirit is 1000 miles away from this one.  I am content that she is happy in her life.  Real happiness.  I celebrate that with her.

The BEST thing that happened this week is that Mary Pierce Brosmer, the foundress of Women Writing for a Change, told me I was a helluva writer/poet.  Other people have certainly told me that.  But none produced such a profound effect as this.  Suddenly I feel all Rudolph when Clarice whispers "I think you're cute."  Suddenly there is air beneath me and I am flying.  That's a pretty great feeling.

5 comments:

  1. Mary, Sorry you had a bad week but happy that you really know now that you ARE one helluva writer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thx Terri. I don't know why it was different when MPB said it, maybe because she doesn't know me from Adam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pretty sure you're not an Adam, and I do love the way you write! As a matter of fact, rather in your honor, my last post is questions for blogger challenges. Glad your week is improving!

    And your security thingie called me a lardwead. I may speak to it harshly, just so you know. If it acts a little weird, that is. Just so you'll...never mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whhoooot! whoooot! Of course you are! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Patricia!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...