Saturday, April 9, 2011

H is for Han Solo

“You like me because I'm a scoundrel.
There aren't enough scoundrels in your life.”
 
Course it is.....

Star Wars came out my Sophomore year of HS and I shudder to think how much money I paid George Lucas that year.  It was worth it.  Almost every locker in my HS swung open to reveal a picture of Mark Hamill.  I never understood that.  Too vanilla by far for me.

Nope for me it was all Han.  At least as far as human crushes went.  If my strict Catholic environment hadn't prohibited inter-species crushes, I might well have sported a picture of Chewbaca instead.  *insert Wookie growl here*  Han was the perfect bad boy with the heart of gold.  Yup.  Han was a hottie.  At least until tomorrow and I is for Indy.  Indy would become the perfect character for me just a great blend of action and science.  I mean Hell, Indy made archeology sexy.

So maybe H should really be for Harrison.

4 comments:

  1. Love those guys - that bad boy thing. But the perfect hottie for me - the cerebral Mr. Spock. Especially the sexy young Spock in the latest version of Star Trek. Kirk was all well and good, Sulu and Chekov might have been fun to play with - but that pointy-eared Vulcan.... the passion and the restraint. Aaahhh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I might like the young Spock better if he hadn't been a big mean nasty dude on Heroes. A little too much reason and not quite enough passion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny - Return of the Jedi and one of the Indiana Jones movies were on tv at the same time last night. I fell in love with him too. My first husband was a Han type, my last is Spock. Spock is much easier to live with - he's part human, so he's sensitive too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I totally agree. Han was so much better than Luke! I saw the Empire Strikes back 13 times in the theatre, just so I could cry when he got put into the carbon-freeze.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...