Thursday, April 28, 2011

☠ X Marks the Spot ☠

Sometimes I wish life came with a treasure map.  Yunno one with a big red X on it that told me where I could go to find happiness, maybe another to find love.

I wouldn't mind the failed attempts so much then, or the wandering if I had hope that those things were really truly out there and not just the stuff of legends.  The City of Cibola, the Holy Grail, Shangri-La, Love.  All seem more myth than actual.

And who wouldn't mind a heads up about troubles in your path with a little "Here there be monsters" label.

My faith is shaken and my compass spinning - nothing for it but to pull up my boots and put on my pirate swag until I find calmer waters.

4 comments:

  1. Oi... beyond here, there be dragons. Don't fall off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm counting on both falling off and finding the dragons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did the pirate want to see the movie?

    Because it was rated ARRRRRR!!

    Sorry, I had to say it.

    www.TheRegalRenegade.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. lucky I am fluent in pirate :-)

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...