Thursday, April 14, 2011

L is for Lingering

Not loitering that useless
unintentioned passage of time

but lingering
the word itself music upon my tongue

Staying past the time
where staying is required
Staying by choice not obligation

Staying in the place
where tendrils curl
quietly inward,
Staying where the sweetness
of sleep is lowered like
a curtain on the day

where entire dialogues
are held in hushed tones,
a place for deep gazing
into fragile feelings,
a place consecrated by
the feather touch of lips in my hair.

Oh I will gladly linger there.

1 comment:

  1. lingering poem is divine.
    love your every line
    here,
    very brilliant piece.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...