Monday, April 25, 2011

In Vagina Veritas

I was being a smart ass when I chose the title, but man was I surprised to find that there is a website by that name that is about creating discussion around this topic in much the same way as Eve Ensler's Vagina Monologues.  BTW - that show rocks.    


So where was I going with the title?  Honestly, I thought it was so punny, I didn't get much further than the yuck factor.  But after stopping to think about it, I, of course, will climb onto my soapbox and proselytize about something.  I think a woman's body should come with an owner's manual and that you should be required to read, understand and pass a test on it before you operate it on the open road.  Black market copies would be available to dudes with deep pockets.  I could retire on the profits of THAT book.

Think of how much easier life would be if you could just thumb to the troubleshooting guide to see if there was a biological reason for how you feel.  Say hormones?  Those are some evil little bastards is all I know and most of that particular section of the manual would be about those.  Or what about a 1-800 number for your more obscure needs?

I dunno......whatever I was going to write about here got kinda thrashed in the emotional goo of the day.  Hard to be funny or sarcastic when what you're really feeling is hurt and anger.  So, I'm just gonna leave it here before I put someone's eye out with a particularly sharp misplaced word.

BTW - If you find a copy of the man handbook, I wouldn't mind seeing that.  They confuse the shit outta me.  My luck it will be in Sanskrit.

4 comments:

  1. So you and Kathleen could go on the road together with your stand up comedy routines.... : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. You forget I have intimate knowledge of stand up. No thanks. Hard work. Odd hours and low pay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man handbook! Ha! It would be one page. Eat. Sleep. Sex. With a footnote about toys, penis size, stupidity, and mid-life crises :-)

    www.TheRegalRenegade.com

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...