Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Aho Mitakuye Oyasin - Part II

All my relations,

Remember me, Mary?  That speck of dust down here on planet Earth.  No not that one - that's Jennifer Anniston.  The one just to the left of that - darker hair, a bit more girth, less leggy, nerd girl, less well-paid, located a couple mountain ranges away?  Yeah - THAT speck.  

Sigh......

I could use some help this week.  I don't feel bad right now.  I don't anticipate feeling bad.  But it would be nice to know that you're back there just in case I make an unexpected run for the cliff.  That isn't my intention, but I can feel it lurking. Circling.  Looking for the weak entry point.  

To those helping me hold the shield against that - Thank you.

To the Grandfathers who are helping me see my vision there on the mountain top - Thank you.

To the Grandmothers who may just let me jump - Thank you.  

If I do jump, all I ask is that you please remind me to use the wings you gave me.  

2 comments:

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...