Tuesday, November 9, 2010

11/9/10

Apparently I came back from mid-December to post the last one!

I am the face of unemployment.  It is happening to people you know or maybe to you.  We are not lazy or unable or unwilling to work.  Despite busting hump we have seen our jobs evaporate from under us.  I tried to find another job, but no offers came.  And the salaries of those positions were anywhere from 60 to 75% of what I am making.....was making.  

Mostly today I just feel lucky.  Lucky because I didn't have to immediately take another job just to have health insurance and to pay the bills.  But it might have been me.  Might still be me in 6 months.  Although I am not intending for it to go that way.  But I have a new perspective and a new understanding of how it happens out of the blue and without any provocation.  

I will be more empathetic for having this experience.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...