Sunday, January 6, 2013

Full Frontal Confrontation


Not at all sure of days.
Not in the good too-long-on-vacation way
but on the overly-cluttered-rolltop-cubby kind of way

Alzheimers rears its ugly genetic head
pokes me in the flank

Hey you. 
Are you paying attention?
I’m coming for you.
I come for all the women of your line

I got your Grami
I got your Mama
And someday soon
I will get you too.

Then he sidles back over to his current companion,
snugs her close against him to show me
he owns her now. 
I cannot have her back. 

Yes.  I see you.  I say
Yes.  I know who you are.
And you may think I’m your future
But there are many futures 
you ignorant fucktard.

You don’t really know me.
I am the Mistress of the Small
able to hide in plain sight
Good luck finding me when you come. 

And should you luck out
you better be wearing a cup.

Now pack up your confusion
And get the FUCK out.  

1 comment:

  1. Brava! Way to kick some disease ass! Stay strong and take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...