Wednesday, January 9, 2013

January Project Day 9

Riding in the parking garage elevator this morning, there was a woman complaining about how sore she was from her work out yesterday.  A man next to her congratulated her on sticking to her resolution to work out.  She went on to spout the work out adage that she would be even more sore tomorrow.  The same guy calmly countered with "Yes, but think of how great you will feel in six months."

I was struck by his answer - BOTH times.  Such a lovely way to diffuse the complaining or attention seeking behavior of his friend.  When I stopped and really looked at him he just seemed beautiful.  Oh, not in that culturally imprinted way.  He was barely five foot and older (by which I now mean my age).  None of that BS mattered.  All that mattered was his calm and smiling energy. 

It was a great way to start a day.

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I love your posts.

    And I love that you could find the positivity in this interaction and see it in the way you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sandra. Enjoying your January posts too!!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...