Wednesday, January 2, 2013

January Project Day 2


I was a little worried that nothing would appeal to me to blog about today, but TA-DAH!!!

My employer is not renowned for their zen aesthetic.  I was tickled to death when I saw that they had installed these copper rain drip thingys near one of the parking structures.  I could hardly wait to walk by in the rain and hear the soft plinking of water droplets as it moved from basin to basin.

It's taken some major adjustments to get the flow right, the original installation seemed to used them in lieu of a downspout.  But a couple months later, they got it right.  I enjoyed walking by them in the rain.  Hell, I would go out of my way to walk by them when it was raining.  They are little copper water chimes.  No one else seems to see them or hear them which just baffles me.




I had gotten so used to them, that I no longer notice them even when it's raining, which is kinda sad given how much I loved them a few months ago.  


So, I was completely blown away by them tonight as I walked the two blocks to my car.  This is a spectacular kind of beauty. Like one drop suspended in time.  A totally different kind of zen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...