Monday, January 28, 2013

January Project Day 28

I am a snob about things I like.  Nothing else will do and I would rather go without than not have my favorite brand of something.  It's how I'm made.  To settle for something less than makes me crabby and the whole time I am comparing what I have to what I love and finding it lacking.  Some people say picky, I say discerning. 

My favorite coffee is sold at a local coffee chain.  It comes out once a year in late winter and disappears in a matter of weeks.  My local store has a wait list.  Now, since we're talking coffee here, you must know the girl is NOT doing without that if she can't get her fave.  That is insane talk right there.

I learned the hard way over the last few years how much I need and when to start looking.  Not buying enough - horror!  Missing the window of opportunity - Yikes!  I need about 6-7 bags to make it through the year, or most of the way through it anyway.  Late winter finds me cruising the coffee place and stashing beans like the squirrels in my yard do their nuts when I find it.  Yes, I could reserve it, but I would miss the thrill of the hunt that way. 

Last year I missed it completely and I had to make do with various other kinds of bean, which isn't all bad.  I had to sample and hunt around for a replacement and that's how I found a Costa Rican blend from Fresh Market I like a lot too.  It had a quetzal on the label - that's how they got me.  That's how they always get me with their sparkley and colorful baubles. 

Today, I scored my year's supply of bean and that is a beautiful thing.  All those bags of bean just sitting in the cupboard waiting for their turn to please me. 

Cuppa Joe anyone? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...