Saturday, February 19, 2011

A Perfect Day

No, I didn't win the lottery.

I do feel richer though.

Richer for having risen early and watched the sun pink the horizon.
Richer for the metallic blue-black sheen on the river.
Richer for a day of grace with a dear friend.
Richer by 31 boxes of hidden treasure.
Richer from the luxury of hours of deeply held conversation.
Richer smelling the loamy tang of spring after a bleak winter.
Richer by a couple giggles.
Richer for the quiet journey home in the dark watching black trees frame a yellow sky.
Richer despite weary bones and tired eyes
     that will dream of days like today long after I am dust.

2 comments:

  1. You said it much better than I and you captured it all. How about your predictions and how they came true? It was a wonderful day and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are most welcome Sno'. I will take a dozen more just like this one.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...