Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Mackie

Insistent.
Incessant.
He barks.
The neighbor's dog.

I don't blame the dog, a beautiful yellow lab who is a huge heart with legs.
I blame his owners.
I blame them for not teaching him better.
I blame them for succumbing to the cuteness of puppy, but not wanting a dog.
I blame them for abandoning him to the yard for entire days.
I blame them for spending no time with him.
I blame them for acquiring him as their trophy dog.
I blame them for not ever taking him on walks.
I blame them for not loving him back.
I know what that feels like.

My neighbors are selfish pricks.
And I want to steal their dog because they don't deserve him.

5 comments:

  1. Oh, poor puppy. This makes me feel so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too. I always have to go out and say hi when he is out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merlin Here;
    I'd be right there with you in camo gear ready for covert mission I!
    Dam stupid people makes me want to do the whole "eye for an eye..." but the dog would be no better. So lets do the mission!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would, but it might be suicidal to steal their dog when I live right next door.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I found a puppy on a freezing rainy night in the middle of a busy four lane rd and went door to door trying to find his home. (no tags). When I found the owner, her comment was "oh, thanks for bringing him back. He gets out all the time." she giggled and closed the door. I wish I had just stolen him. I guess it's a little harder when he lives next door. People should have to pass a compassion test to have a dog.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...