Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Sno Angel

I woke up at 4:30AM this morning. I know. What was I thinking? Couldn't go back to sleep and decided to slip outside and just breathe in the cold. I was awake, what more could the cold do? Standing there on the little covered landing, I had the weirdest urge to slip off the robe and fling myself into the snow.

So I did. I spied the neighbors to make sure the lights were out. Check.

Not really the snow angel that I claimed on FB. Was I trying to get so cold I was numb? Or was it more just a desire to feel more? To let my body become part of winter? Was it an extravagant gesture to recapture the wild girl of my 20's?

I may never know the exact motivation. The snow has blown and filled in the depression.

But I will remember that sense of liberation for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...