Thursday, January 28, 2010

Five Minutes From Then

My first semester at WWfaC I sat in small group with Lynn who wrote wonderful lists. Until that time, I had not considered the list as a writing form. I am not a list maker in the real world, but sometimes poems begin as lyrical lists of images and transform from there....or not.

Five minutes from then.....

You will be walking away from me, hands trailing the tall prairie grass while mine still feel the faint electric jolt of your fingers sliding out of them.

I will regret every negative thing I ever thought or said about you and want them unsaid unthought.

My knees will shake

my heart will alternately race and stop completely

my throat will close and my lungs will scream for air

finally my mind will become blissfully numb.


a work in progress

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...