Monday, August 22, 2011

Celtic Crap

I'm just gonna say this and it's gonna piss some people off.  I don't care.  I hate Celtic crap.  From the overly fluted music to the greening of the everything that stands still.  I just HATE it.  I will make an exception for the decorative knotwork, but anything other than that has GOT TO GO! 

I first noticed it at a friends house where Celtic-style music plays non-stop.  It takes a lot of my concentration to just tune it out so that I don't run from the room screaming.  That's just a waste of energy if you ask me. 

 Oddly, it doesn't include Scottish (love some bagpipes much to the annoyance of people around me and don't even get me started on the yumminess of kilts) or the English descendants of the Celts.  Pretty much limited to just the Irish descendants.  Maybe it's from having Irish BS crammed down my throat from the cradle.  Maybe it's because my grad school roommate was from Cork.  I don't know.  Mostly though it just makes me wanna puke.  Big buckets of green slimy puke to go with the theme.

OK - so I recognized this pattern a long time ago but never gave it  much thought.  I was pretty sure it was just a weird preference.  But it occurs to me that the reaction is completely visceral - a kind of pukey hate.  And things like that are undoubtedly related to some past-life crapola or other.  I have had some pretty fantastic incarnations across the planet.  But, I'm pretty sure the life that took place on that tiny godforsaken island was not one of them. 

OK - I'm done venting.  Returning to my Norse studies. 

3 comments:

  1. ....ima buy u a box of lucky charms and see if it changes ur mind. i'm w/JP...i love you too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the marshmallows in LC give me the willies and the leprechaun is kinda pennywise.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...