Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spilled Milk

I am staring at the milk as it spreads over the counter. A whole gallon shot to hell. A whole gallon that will need cleaning up ASAP before it smells. As it drips slowly into the silverware drawer, now necessitating I wash all the knives and forks, I just have to laugh. Like this is the funniest shit I've seen in weeks.

I slide down the cabinets to sit on my fuzzy bunny slippers and hold the growing stitch in my side, the milk now dripping into my hair, my eyes, down my neck. Still laughing at the absurdity of it all. How futile it would have been to try NOT to spill it. The energy wasted. I slam the bunny into the puddle on the floor thinking of Doc Edgerton. POW! There's my crown.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...