Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Morning Dream

So last night, I had this dream......

I am maybe college age and in a Creative writing class.  It is co-ed and people are all ages.  I have a poem to read that I think is really good, more the ilk of what I write now versus the Hallmark schmaltz I wrote then.  I volunteer to go first and the response is very negative.  I slink back to my seat.  I listen to a few other writers who receive high praise.  I wonder why mine didn't?

Then I just say screw it, pack up my stuff and leave.  Why would I sit in a class I"M PAYING FOR to be publicly derided?  I have too much stuff and books keep falling out of my arms.  Most of them are the required reading for the class I just left.  I leave them where they lay, a trail of breadcrumbs to a place I will never return

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...