Sunday, February 27, 2011

EST v PST Round 2

WOW!   WOW!  WOWEEEEE!

Let me start with the concert.  Just perfection in the way he bends the strings.  When the guy behind us turned to his wife and said with a sad puppy dog voice "Now it's over", I turned to Duz and smiled and said "Not yet it's not."  No post-concert let down this time with Portland to look forward to tomorrow.

EC is god.  'Nuff said.  Last night he danced, he SMILED, just generally enjoyed himself and actually strutted off the stage.  This is my fourth serving of Clapton and it was the best one yet.  Row 4 Seats 36 and 37.  Here is the setlist for the evening:

01. Key To The Highway
02. Going Down Slow
03. Hoochie Coochie Man
04. Old Love
05. I Shot The Sheriff
06. Driftin’
07. Nobody Knows You When You’re Down And Out
08. River Runs Deep
09. Rocking Chair
10. Same Old Blues
11. When Somebody Thinks You’re Wonderful
12. Layla – seated Gibson ES 335
13. Badge
14. Wonderful Tonight
15. Before You Accuse Me
16. Little Queen Of Spades
17. Cocaine
18. Crossroads



And did I mention Los Lobos opened.  Yeah.  Kinda coasting still.  

OK so yesterday when 'someone' finally got up we headed down to Pike Place Market.  Not at all what I expected.  Yes there was lots of produce, flowers and the obligate fish throwing, but there were also countless artisans in evidence.  My fave was the dude doing one of a kind grafitti chucks.  Absolute swoon!  Just a fantastic and interesting place.  By the time we bolted it was really crowded and the girl doesn't do jostling crowds.

Then we made a pilgrimmage to Kiss the Sky.....aka Jimi Hendrix grave.  I went to nab 2 letterboxes (my first WA boxes) and both of us to show some respect for a great artist.  This place was really busy.  The whole time we were there cars drifted in, people spent time looking at the monument, leaving tokens, snapping photos and then drifted away.  We tried for a couple more after that, but a combo of the cold, wind and skipped meals made me kinda snippy.  The clues were vague and we couldn't figure out where to start.  I was ready to go, but Duz was hell bent on figuring it out.  Finally I won out.  You do not mess with the girl when she hasn't eaten.

That would be a theme for the day.  We went back to the hotel so I could shower and get ready for my date with Eric.  We wandered a bit looking for food (there is lots of wandering with a P, sometimes too much for a die hard J such as myself) and opted for Indian food.  We sat down an hour and half before the concert and 40 minutes to curtain, almost a full hour later, we still had not been served.  So we got up and left for the concert unfed and one of us fairly bitchy.  A monster pretzel at the venue quelled the bitchiness and I could settle in and enjoy the tunes.  BLISS!

Then Mexican food and bed.  I made it until 12:30 last night before konking out.  Strange and wonderful dreams all night.  But sadly I heard Duz get up a couple of times to be sick.  So I'm thinking today we will probably just hang tight and get him in top shape for Portland tomorrow.

L8r bloggies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...