Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blue Sheets

I bought new sheets.  I sometimes do this to stir the energies.  I couldn't help myself when I found the impossibly high thread count Egyptian cotton sheets in a sale bin for $20.  They could have been any color for that price and I would have bought them.  For those of you who have never experienced sheets with a high thread count, all I can say is DO IT!

I will admit I have a fondness for the color blue, but no more so than my fondness for lime green, ballet pink, cadmium red, payne's grey, pure yellow, and many more.  Loving one color is not enough for me.  But I do like me some blue and the new sheets turned out to be an unexpected gorgeous shade of blue.

They whisper against my skin
in the most amazing way.
Weightless.
Silky.

Spectacular blueness, delicate as fairy wings.
The specter of a Tiffany box that never came.
All the potential of the first robin's egg.
Floating to sleep on a cloudless spring sky.


2 comments:

  1. You certainly make those blue sheets sounds absolutely heavenly! : >

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhh, so lovely!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...