Wednesday, December 28, 2011

A Two Sparrow Night

I noticed that the sparrows have taken to roosting in the corner under the metal awning of my back porch. I kinda like them there.  Some nights it's a big fluffy female house sparrow.  Other nights it's a small male.     Guess it's first come first served around here.  

Tonight I noticed that both are comfortably snugged into their opposite respective corners and peacefully slumbering through the cold dark of this winter night.  

...and I wonder what do sparrows dream of?  

3 comments:

  1. If I were a sparrow
    I'd dream about
    downy nests
    and dive-bombing cats
    juicy worms
    and living on hats
    I'd dream about
    the warmth of spring
    and in my spare time
    I'd think of songs to sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Warm nests,
    and
    singing jests?

    Beautiful post! And then Jo's comment is perfect! I can't even come close to either today, but I appreciate the beauty of your words and hers. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely picture your words paint! When we lived on our five acres we had what were probably sparrows living in the eaves of our house, plus there was an owl who called our barn home. It was so cool to see him soaring overhead when we'd walk the dogs late at night. Jo - loved your poem, so clever and sweet!

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...