Monday, January 10, 2011

Small Stone #10 (aros)

I see him perched along 
Whitewater Creek.

Watching
Waiting

Is he waiting for me?

I stand rapt
yearning to have him 
forever.

And I ask myself
Which is more important
The having 
or the experiencing?

I decide.
I hum 
and turn back 
to watching.


I have been doing a lot of hiking recently.  Hiking for me always involves a casual kind of birding.  In the last week I have seen countless red-tailed hawks (one at close range feeding on a deer carcass), 2 red-shouldered hawks, 2 pileated woodpeckers (those big ole Woody Woodpecker guys) and a half dozen herons.  Today's find, a bald eagle, happened on Blue Creek Road where it crosses over Whitewater Creek in Brookville, Indiana.  Alas, no camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...