Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ashed

Ten years ago I was diagnosed with cancer.  In the aftermath of that, my life crumbled down to nothing but a pile of ashes.  I was stripped down to my essence and given an opportunity to change everything - which after much whining and wailing - I did.  When I look around today a lot of the blessings are a direct product of that time.  

I am thinking about that time because I find myself in a similar position sifting thru the ashes trying to decide what stays and what goes.  Not trying to force it to be different.  Not mooning for what has been lost.  But just sitting calmly and knowing that what comes from this will be as beautiful as the last time.  Dreaming new dreams, re-dreaming old ones.  Spinning out a blanket of seeds to sustain me for the next ten years.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...