Saturday, March 6, 2010

Changing it Up

There's been a lot on my mind this week. An unusual number of evenings out so that I get up on Saturday to a home that is wrecked from neglect. So, I started by sorting the laundry into piles. Start putting laundry from 2 weeks ago away so that I can see the dining room table. Decided to finally empty 2 moving boxes that have been in the bedroom since I moved in 2 1/2 years ago. They contain mostly clothes - unpaired socks, pajamas I never wear, a few festival outfits, and a surprising number of books I haven't read (woot to the books). It felt awesome to move those boxes out of the bedroom and into the living room where I can now fill them with clothes for Goodwill as I sort thru the dresser, closet and laundry as it is completed. Of course the living room and dining room are now full of laundry piles and boxes, so I'm not sure if that is progress or just redistribution of assets.

I stripped the yummy flannel sheets off the bed. Part of me moaning that I want them to stay because they are so cozy and warm. But it is time for them to go into hibernation for next winter. My choices of sheets to replace them with are two-fold. The sweet blue ones with the ginormous thread count. I have had these for years. They match my blue and watery spirit. In them I feel I am floating on the sea of Dreams. Or the newly acquired brown ones. (Just as an aside - I have no idea why I have these. But they have been in the cupboard for months and never been on the bed. I just dont see myself as a brown kinda girl. So why do I own brown sheets? Exactly my thought). The brown ones also appear to have a significant thread count even if they are not as broken in and soft as my blue ones. WTH. I throw the brown ones on the unmade bed, tote another load to the basement for laundering and come up and spread them out on the bed.

My reaction to them was visceral and so yummy positive. Because when they were spread out on the bed they looked like freshly turned Earth ready for seeding. Part of me wanted to curl up and nap immediately. Wanted to be the seed planted in the earth. The entire Dagara teaching about Earth seems accessible to me if I but lay down and cover myself with those sheets. Lessons of home, abundance and nurturing. Things I do easily for others, but that hang me up when I think about applying them to myself. My body longs for that right now. Longs to lie in the embrace of the Mother. I can't wait to see what Dream seeds unfurl when I do. Do ya think 11:30AM is too early for a nap?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...