Thursday, January 1, 2015

Converstaion With a Rake

The truth is that some days, I do not want to write.  I have things I want to say, but somewhere inside me there's a thing that keeps popping up, like a rake buried in the grass that I step on and it cracks me upside the head distracting me and moving me away from wonder.  Perhaps if the grass were mown, I would see the rake, put it away, walk around it.  Instead today I have stepped out and gotten writing rake bonked a half dozen times.  It's so easy to quit, just flip a bird to the writing and move on with my day.  Today I choose to stick with it, to grab another cup of coffee and write without expectation.  It's OK if it's word vomit.

A Conversation Between Yours Truly and the Head Bonking Rake

Mary to Rake: 'Sup?

R to M:  Same old.  Just hangin' here in the grass.  Waiting for you to step on me - AGAIN.  That never gets old.

M to R:  Yeah - sorry about that.  Why are you laying around in the grass anyway?

R to M:  I'm grounding myself (insert rake laughter)

M to R:  ??

R to M:  Jesus.  It was a joke.  Sense of humor much?

M to R:  Nope.  So really, why aren't you in the garage where you belong?

R to M:  Oh bitch you did not just go there.

M to R:  Go where?  I'm right here.

R to M:  Try to put me in my place.

M to R:  Does that bother you?

R to M:  Yes!

R to M:  No!

R to M:  IDK

M to R:  I feel like that too sometimes.

M to R:  Is there anything I can do?

R to M:  IDK

M to R:  I really do care about you.  And I need you not to just sit around getting rusty.

M to R:  And I'm kinda tired of all this bonking.

R to M:  Then come out and get me and put me away.  Or better yet, use me.

M to R:  OK

R to M:  And mow the grass while you're at it.

M to R:  Couldn't I just get a goat?

R to M:  What-EV

M to R:  Yeah......ILY2.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...