Wednesday, October 23, 2013

10.23.13

It was one of those generic elevator conversations.  This one happened as I kept pace with a young woman between the parking garage and the hopsital.  Both of us a little tired.  Both of us expressing a desire to have stayed home in bed on this cold an rainy morning.  I explained how our employer would be better served to send around a group voice mail on Wednesday encouraging people and letting them know they could do it.

Fast forward 5 hours. I've totally forgotten the aforementioned conversation.  I'm returning from lunch on the elevator.  I hear a small voice say from the crowd "You're almost there.  You can do it."  I look around.  I see her smile at me conspiratorially and I say "How perfect."

But what I'm thinking is HOLY CRAP!  She not only remembered the inconsequential conversation, but remembered enough about me to distinguish me from the other seventy-leven employees who might have gotten on the elevator.  Most amazing.  She gave me exactly the kind of encouragement I said I had wanted.

Big fucking smile.  Belief in humanity, not only restored, but soaring.  There are no actions so small as to be inconsequential.  Take time to really listen and be present.  Absolute and radiant gratitude for today's messenger.

I CAN do it.

3 comments:

  1. You and Lisa C are on the same wavelength.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We Cancer girls gotta stick together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this post! And yes, it appears we were on the same wavelength last week.

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...