Sunday, March 10, 2013

For Want of a Nail......

I am tearing along, full throttle, writing, hands hardly able to keep up with the flow of story and words.  That's when I hit it, the nail in the road.  I should have seen it coming.  Should have swerved even if it meant hitting the ditch.  Should have known better than to put the phone on my table where I can feel/hear it vibrate.  Mostly I ignore it.  But I answer and it's my mom.  She's the only person who still calls me, friends and family long since giving way to texting and email.  That one little phone call was the nail that shredded my tire and took me out of the race for today.

Maybe next week will be better.

For people wondering about the title, here's the source.  It's about how a small thing can have big consequences.


For Want of a Nail

For want of a nail the shoe was lost.
For want of a shoe the horse was lost.
For want of a horse the rider was lost.
For want of a rider the message was lost.
For want of a message the battle was lost.
For want of a battle the kingdom was lost.
And all for the want of a horseshoe nail.






No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...