Saturday, June 23, 2012

Sandusky-esque Rant

I won't pretend today that I'm happy about the Sandusky trial ending.  No, I am most definitely not a supporter of this damaged asshat.  I'm sad.  I'm sad that someone so fucked up was allowed to take advantage of so many kids.  I'm sad about a culture of silence and dominance that fosters this kind of activity.

Mostly I think the case makes me remember my own experiences as an abused child.  I wonder what it would be like if the abusers had to stand and admit what they had done in a public forum.  To accept the consequences of what they did.  To have to look me in the eyes and listen while I explain to them how very much they fucked up my life.  How very long it took me to begin the recovery process.  How 40 years later I am still struggling with chunks of it.

Mostly I just want to take every person who has ever sexually abused a child and stick their pecker in a live outlet.  That's a much better use for it than the one they chose.

1 comment:

  1. Amen! Can my grandfather get a place in that line please?

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...