Monday, June 18, 2012

Goodbye -a.

I hate good bye days.

Yeah, I'm kinda like your pooch in that regard. 

"What?  You went to the mailbox?  But you were gone for-ev-er"

They never get easier.  Never.  I always cry.  You probably don't see that because I hide it more often than not.  Grief is private for me.  But never doubt that it happens. 

I feel like my whole life is made up of goodbye days. 
     Siblings moving away
     Graduation
     Grandparents and dad passed away.
     Lovers moving on to someone else. 
     Marriages
     Friends outgrown. 
     The revolving door of research colleagues.

Today was another goodbye day.  I kinda hate them. 

If only the hello days outnumbered them, stood out, brought enough joy to swamp the sadness of the other.  But the hello days are timid unknown quantities.  Hello days unfold over time into something remarkable, they unfold into a goodbye day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...