Monday, May 28, 2012

5.28.12

I am a horrible daughter.

I make sure you take your meds.
I transport you to doctors and dentist appointments
I supply you with groceries when asked.
I stop by to see you.
I take you to dinner and pick up the tab.
I try to see to your health and safety,
     your levels of sad and happy.

Sometimes I do this instead of
     my own stuff that needs doing.
I forget to pay a bill
Or to return library books.
I neglect my own health because
     I am so busy with yours.

I watch while you lavish love
     in every direction except mine.
I get annoyed sometimes.
I lose my patience sometimes.
On those days I leave so as
     not to pour that over you.

Nothing I do matters.
Nothing ever will.
No level of kindness.
No amount of love.
Nothing.

I am your horrible daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...