Saturday, April 21, 2012

Strange Fruit

If I were a fruit
     I would be a kiwi
     which is odd
     because I don't
     like kiwi really.

Not much to look
     at on the outside
          kinda rough
          often dirty
     not smooth
          like apples
     or the velvet
          of peaches
     bristly
     organic
     raw

Inside I am
     spring green
          eternally
     sweet
          kissing close to
          the place of
          sugary too much
          then pulling back
          slightly.
 
          Taste me
               then go
          Find seeds of me
               later wedged
               between your teeth
               and wonder.

     radiant starbursts revealed
          with every pass
               of the knife
          constellation upon
               constellation of me
          the cosmos entire
     
          Cut me open
               you will see.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...