Friday, March 23, 2012

Small Goals

This week at writing group (I can't really say class anymore as WWfaC:class::Lamboghini:transportation) the facilitator, Diane, read a poem that she created by lifting some of her favorite lines out of her journals, then rearranging them into what was a remarkable poem. I was ecstatic to get a chance to hear it again in small group. 

I can't even begin to say how much I loved this idea.  Yunno how you write in those damn journals every day religiously and get mostly a lot of brain drivel with a sentence here and there that sings that you can't do anything with?  You try to use it as a writing prompt, but get bupkiss for all your effort.  Well this is the perfect way to upcycle those sentences into something marvy. 

So that is my goal for the weekend - to upcycle some of my favorite sentences into a poem. 

That and to fill in my small group questionnaire.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...