Monday, January 16, 2012

The First Rant of 2012

When I started my new job last spring, I somehow did not receive either insurance or prescription cards from my new (former) employer.  I recognized the absence of the former the first time I needed to see a doc.  The prescription thing though has been coasting - mostly off the inertia of whatever I had set in place previously.

That is until my pharmacy called the doctor who called me to ask about compliance and demanded an office visit.  That's right the pharmacy TATTLED on me!  WTF- right!?!  My brain is trying to process all of this as to why.  Did my pharmacy become suddenly concerned about missed doses of drugs?  Were they worried I might croak and blame them somehow?  According to their record I have been off these meds for over a year, so why now?  Or was it something simpler?

Yunno like money?  BINGO!  I doubt the pharmacy OR the doctors office give a flying fuck about me and my health.  I suspect, but have no evidence, that this is the correct one all the way 'round.  The pharmacy doesn't miss me.  They miss my money.  Or more accurately, they miss my insurance companies money.  I note that the tattling did not occur until I was well and righteously insured again and able to pay them.   They want my money.

The doctor may be a brilliant accomplished woman, but she spend on average less than 2 minutes/visit thinking about me, my health and my well being.  So, why do I trust these two entities with my life?

Good question.

The thing is that since my mom has gotten so bad and I have been harping on her about compliance with her meds, that little voice has been saying 'Yunno you can't bitch at her about it when you don't do it yourself.'  UGH!   I hate that little voice.  So I started being compliant a couple months ago.  I have missed a few doses here and there, but these last two month I have been almost perfect.  So the phone call was ill-timed and off in every way.

STILL pondering what gives them the right to start this shit storm?


2 comments:

  1. Well I'm sorry to hear that you have a tattling pharmacy. And I'm with you in wanting to slap that little voice, it's a very inconvenient voice to have.

    But our society has become a grab every dollar you can get type because that's what businesses are all about these days. I understand making a profit, but I don't understand being so cut-throat that you don't care where or how the money comes in as long as it continues coming in. *sigh*

    I don't suppose they've violated your privacy here? That would at least give you a handle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anger very much becomes you - I like that raging energy. : >

    ReplyDelete

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...