Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sweet Summer Reprise

‘Sweet summer of the heart’

What would that be like I wonder? 
A summer so sweet I remembered it always 
Made me forget the quest for the perfect peach
 the sweetness held in that moment
making even the best peaches of my memory seem small and dry. 

To have a summer ripe with juices
that dribble across my fingers at a single touch. 

A summer with room,
with endless sky
and a swing to ride into it. 

What would that summer be like 

Endless beach to lounge on
resting in the sun like that
peach swelling with juice. 

To have someone who touches me with such love
that I burst sweet all on them. 

……And then we laugh. 



An answer to 'Sweet Summer of my Heart'

Fall From Grace

Instead the peaches fell from
the tree soft and yielding
unloved by any but the bees
Who better than Cezanne for peach memories?
who croon their dirge. 
Sticky sweetness wasted
as it oozed onto the dirt. 

The swing lies limp
Rope frayed
Seat splintered
No dreams were launched from this platform
No breeze to stir it into motion now.

Frost rimes the tree
But still she remembers
Still she hopes
Even as she slumbers
Hopes for one more
Sweet summer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...