Saturday, September 17, 2011

Being in Your Passion

I have been asking the ancestors to plug me into my passion.  And no, in this case I'm not talking about the romantic kind.  Just imagining them gently plugging me into a never-ending power source that fuels me and makes it easy peasy to step into it.

The confusing thing is that I'm not quite sure what that is - the thing that I feel passionately about.  Somedays it's writing.  Somedays it's science.  Somedays it's simply taking a walk up a very big hill in the woods.  I am OK with that not knowing-ness for now.  I may not know what it is, but I can tell when someone is there themselves.

Today I had lunch with my friend Fabeku.  Seems unremarkable I know.  But he is someone who is in his passion.  Being around him made me feel clearer.  Made me realize that being around other people in their passion is important somehow in bringing that in for yourself.  So, maybe I'm going to find ways to interact with people who are there more often.

For now I'm just going to drum.  Because for the first time in a long time I want to and I don't have neighbors that it will disturb.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 I have written a lot about my belly - series of poems dedicated to it. I happen to like my belly. Always have Oh, I know it's not what ...